“Flatter Tummy Abs, Tighter Muscles & Better Shape”
Make a Free Appointment by calling Dr. Chris Costanzo, a Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon and specialist of the Los Angeles area, in Abdominoplasty, Mommy Make Over & Tummy Tuck surgery.The Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck procedure is one of the most commonly performed surgeries and one with lasting value.
This is one of my favorite cosmetic surgeries for the following reasons:
- The tummy tuck surgery flattens the abdomen, something a strenuous workout program will be unable to do.
- Unlike some cosmetic surgeries these changes are permanent, lasting a lifetime.
A Typical Scenario
You probably noticed after pregnancy, weight gain or getting a little older that your abdomen stretched out. If you’ve had multiple pregnancies you’ve probably seen worsening of your tummy bulge from repeated stretching of the skin, connective tissue and separation of your supportive muscles.
Add aging to the equation and you’ve probably found it more difficult to maintain the once leaner figure. This might sound familiar, I call it the 3 phases before Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) surgery:
- First is the “Workout phase”. This involves hours at the gym with repeated repetitions of abdominal crunches, sometimes aided by a costly personal trainer. All in an effort to get that tummy tighter like it used to be.
- Next comes the “Exasperation phase”. When you find out that all those abdominal sit-ups which have come with a great expenditure of time and energy have produced very little results. You might even have tried other alternatives like dieting, weight loss pills and remedy creams.
- Finally, the “Realization phase” . When after all the futile attempts to change things, you contemplate surgery as the only real option.
What the Tummy Tuck does for your shape
- Removes the lower overhang of abdominal skin
- Tightens and smoothes the upper abdomen
- Flattens the abdomen by bringing the muscles closer together
- Reshapes the belly button
- Contours the sides
My Abdominoplasty / Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Surgical time is approximately 3 hours
- General anesthesia
- This can be performed as an same day surgery (out-patient) procedure
- I can combine this with a Hysterectomy or other female surgeries, so that you have only 1 recovery
- Your pain will be easily controlled by analgesics
- Restriction on driving for 2 weeks is recommended
- You can return to unrestricted activities after 5 weeks