Overview for Thousand Oaks Blepharoplasty Patients
“I offer blepharoplasty to patients who want to refresh their appearance. The procedure helps them look less tired and aged and gets them ready to take on the day, whether in their career or at home.”
Small changes in the appearance of your eyes can make a big difference in how rested or youthful you look. If you feel limited in your profession because of your age or if people are asking you why you seem so tired even when you’re rested, blepharoplasty may be able to help.
Thousand Oaks blepharoplasty patients rely on Dr. Christopher Costanzo as a skilled and knowledgeable plastic surgeon with nearly three decades of experience. His years performing the procedure have allowed him to adopt best practices from different approaches, which he applies to give patients excellent results.
What Is Blepharoplasty?
A blepharoplasty revises the upper and / or lower eyelids, reducing signs of aging such as loose skin and a sunken appearance:
- Blepharoplasty for the lower eyelids tightens loose skin and removes bagginess from under the eyes. In the procedure, Dr. Costanzo may remove fat to correct puffiness or reposition fat to fill in hollow areas, restoring volume where it should be.
- A procedure for the upper eyelids removes excessive eyelid skin as well as bulging fat. Surgery can often correct eyelid drooping as well, which can cover the eye and obscure vision. Dr. Costanzo often also recommends combining a brow lift (forehead lift) for Thousand Oaks blepharoplasty patients to enhance the openness of the eyes, which provides a younger, better-looking and longer-lasting outcome.
In each procedure, Dr. Costanzo’s approach is to preserve the necessary volume of fat in the eyelids to avoid or correct a sunken appearance. Often, he can use this material to fill in fine lines and wrinkles, creating even more youthful results.
Details About Blepharoplasty Surgery
You will begin with an initial consultation at Dr. Costanzo’s offices. He will talk with you about what you want to achieve with surgery, conduct an examination, and provide you with recommendations for your procedure.
Patients value Dr. Costanzo’s commitment to transparency in these visits. Often, they come for an initial consultation about blepharoplasty, and, through the discussion, opt to have a different procedure, such as a mid-facelift. Dr. Costanzo’s aim is to help you achieve your goals, even if it means advising you to have an alternative treatment.
On the day of your surgery:
- You will receive one of several forms of anesthesia: general, IV, or local. You and Dr. Costanzo will discuss this before your procedure.
- The specific incisions and adjustments that Dr. Costanzo makes will depend on your needs and whether he is treating the upper or lower eyelids or both. Lower eyelid incisions may take place just under the lashes or inside the lid, obscuring incision scars.
- If after discussion with Dr. Costanzo you decided to address other areas of facial aging, he may combine a brow lift or facelift with your blepharoplasty for results that look natural and last longer.
Surgery usually lasts 1-2 hours for a blepharoplasty and allows you to go home the same day. Recovery is relatively pain-free, though bruising may last a couple of weeks. As you recover, you should notice a significant improvement in how youthful and alert you look.
If you are interested in a procedure that can significantly reduce the age of your appearance, talk with Dr. Christopher Costanzo. Thousand Oaks blepharoplasty patients can call 805-373-9919 or contact us online.