Women from all over Calabasas visit with Dr. Costanzo every year to discuss breast augmentation. Whether they’re coming in to correct their asymmetrical breasts, have reconstructive surgery after a mastectomy, or they just want to balance out their figure, Dr. Costanzo can provide amazing, individualized results through breast augmentation.
Many of his patients want to know what to expect when it comes to the duration of the breast augmentation procedure. To further explain what you can expect from your procedure, keep reading.
Understanding Breast Augmentation With Dr. Costanzo
To improve the appearance of your breasts, Dr. Costanzo will perform the breast augmentation procedure using all or some of the following techniques to achieve a look that Calabasas women can be proud of:
- Revise the breast shape, making your breasts symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing
- Add lift to your breasts, raising them to a more youthful position
- Increase the size and projection of your breasts
How Long Does the Breast Augmentation Procedure Take to Complete?
The amount of time your breast augmentation procedure will take depends on several factors, including:
- Your “before” breast presentation. The condition of your pre-augmented breasts also determines the amount of time your breast augmentation procedure could take. Women who have limited breast skin after mastectomy, may require a longer surgical procedure.
- Whether or not you are receiving any other cosmetic changes during your breast augmentation. If you have significant breast ptosis, you may require a breast lift in conjunction with your breast augmentation. Other Calabasas women choose to undergo a complete mommy makeover, which, in addition to breast augmentation and breast lift, could also include breast reduction, liposuction, or tummy tuck.
- The placement of your breast augmentation incision. Women who choose to have their breast augmentation incision placed in the armpit often experience a longer procedure. Because these incisions are far away from the breast site, Dr. Costanzo will be required to carefully create a channel through which to place the implant. This is a more involved procedure and will, therefore, take longer to complete.
- The placement of your breast implants. Calabasas women will be informed by Dr. Costanzo whether their breast implants should be placed subglandularly (above the pectoral muscle), or submuscularly (below the pectoral muscle). Each of these breast implant placements requires their own unique surgical techniques; therefore, each comes with its own estimated timeframe.
- Whether or not Dr. Costanzo will need to correct severe asymmetry of the breasts. Women who choose to have breast augmentation because of their severely asymmetrical breasts may require a longer surgery. To make very different changes to each breast may require different techniques and approaches. They may also require different types of breast implants to be used in each breast. This all factors into the time it takes to complete the surgery.
While some breast augmentation procedures only take an hour to complete, some will take 2 hours or more. Again, the amount of time your personal surgery will take will be based on the factors mentioned above, all of which Dr. Costanzo will discuss during your pre-operative appointments.
Call Dr. Costanzo Today
The best way to know how long your breast augmentation procedure will take is to schedule a one-on-one appointment with Dr. Costanzo himself. After his evaluation and discussion with you, he will be able to provide you with a more specific answer to how long your procedure will take.
Call his office in Calabasas today at (805) 373-9919 to get started!