Age, kids, and genetics. All of these factors play a role in determining how your body looks as the years go by. For patients considering a breast procedure, this can mean:
- Finding the perfect size and shape for your body type.
- Restoring your confidence after pregnancy and breastfeeding has changed your appearance.
- Repositioning sagging breasts and nipples.
The Difference Between a Breast Lift and a Breast Augmentation
A breast lift and a breast augmentation can both help restore shape to the breast. However, a breast augmentation increases the size of your breasts while a breast lift simply lifts and reshapes sagging breasts. Both procedures reshape your breasts creating a look that you feel comfortable and confident with.
Which Procedure is Right for Me?
Breast surgeries are not all the same. Without an in-person consultation it is impossible to determine which procedure is right for you. However, there are a few common traits of candidates for breast lift that differentiate them from breast augmentation candidates. These are:
- Sagging breasts and nipples: The most common complaint from breast lift candidates is flatness to the upper breasts and loss of shape. The slackness of skin adds to the breast droop. By undergoing a breast lift the skin is tightened and the breasts become fuller and more youthful appearing. For many Westlake Village and Calabasas patients whose nipples point downwards, the breast lift will reposition them to the proper height.
- Not wanting an increase in size: If size is the main aspect that you want to change about your breasts, then a breast lift is not for you. Only a breast augmentation can enhance the size of your breasts.
- Larger breasts: Women with large breasts find that over time their breasts are more likely to sag due to gravity and the loss of supportive tissue. Breast tissue in large breasts tends to stretch and sag much faster than in women with smaller breasts.
The result of a breast lift will be perky breasts that are approximately the same size as your current breasts.
How Do You Determine the Best Option for Me?
Before performing surgery, Dr. Costanzo performs a consultation for each patient. During this consultation, Dr. Costanzo will listen to your concerns and performs an examination to determine the right option for you. This also offers you an opportunity to ask questions to related to surgery and consider the details of your surgery with the help of a trusted and experienced plastic surgeon.
Combined Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift
Westlake Village and Calabasas patients who want to increase the size of their breasts and lift sagging breasts can get a combined procedure, in which Dr. Costanzo performs both a breast lift and a breast augmentation during the same surgery. The result is firm breasts that are larger or reshaped using implants.
To find out if a breast lift or breast augmentation is right for you, contact our office at (805) 373-9919 to schedule your consultation.