Oh, the wonderful signs of aging! None of us can be freed from them, but thankfully Dr. Costanzo can correct most of them. Many men and women in Thousand Oaks age most noticeably in their face and neck. Crows feet, sagging skin and jowls, forehead wrinkles, and the dreaded marionette lines. Marionette lines leave many people looking angry, tired, and worn down most of the time, even if they aren’t. If these deep lines are causing you to send a negative message to the world, and have you looking older than you feel, keep reading to learn how Dr. Costanzo can soften your marionette lines through a facelift procedure.
What Are Marionette Lines?
Marionette lines get their name from the exaggerated features of a marionette puppet and are some of the most dramatic signs of aging experience by men and women in Thousand Oaks. Marionette lines are deep creases that start at the corner of the mouth and run down toward the jawline or chin. Genetics can be a factor in the development of this telltale sign of aging, but they most commonly appear as a result of lost elasticity in the facial skin, and the diminishment of fat cells, which results in the sagging of the facial muscles.
How to Prevent Marionette Lines
Though Thousand Oaks residents can’t completely prevent marionette lines, preventative measures can be taken to slow down their development or keep them from being excessively dramatic.
- Sleep on your back – Stomach and side sleepers are more prone to marionette lines as gravity pulls on the relaxed facial skin throughout the night.
- Wear sunscreen – We know men and women in Thousand Oaks love the sun, but excessive sun exposure can cause skin to lose collagen and elasticity, which eventually leads to the development of marionette lines.
- Don’t smoke – Smoking causes the collagen in the skin to deteriorate at a rapid pace, and also prevents new collagen from producing.
- Stay hydrated – Dry skin is more prone to the development of marionette lines; therefore, staying hydrated will subsequently nourish your skin and keep it looking younger, longer.
- Maintain a consistent and healthy skin care regimen – This is something we’ve been taught from an early age. Taking care of your skin with a consistent and healthy skin care regimen can slow down the aging process and the development of marionette lines.
How Can a Facelift Soften Marionette Lines?
If you are already suffering from deep marionette lines on your face, Dr. Costanzo can give you dramatic and long-term results with a facelift. A facelift is a cosmetic procedure that restores your youthful appearance by removing excess facial skin and tightening loose facial muscles. A facelift procedure focuses mainly on the lower portion of the face where most of the natural sagging occurs.
During your facelift procedure, Dr. Costanzo will make an incision in your hairline beginning in the temple area. This incision will be hidden but will extend behind and around your ear. Dr. Costanzo can minimize your facelift incisions while tightening skin and muscles that cause marionette lines.
Call Dr. Costanzo and Schedule Your Initial Consultation Today!
Don’t let marionette lines leave you looking tired and angry all the time. With 33 years of experience and his artful touch, Dr. Costanzo can restore your face to a youthful appearance through a facelift procedure at his Thousand Oaks area clinic.
Call him today at (805) 373-9919 to schedule your initial consultation today!