Many aging men and women in Thousand Oaks have similar signs of aging on their faces. Whether those include forehead lines, crows feet, marionette lines, or jowls, the signs of aging are obvious and discouraging – to say the least. If you’re in the Thousand Oaks area and you’re tired of looking in the mirror only to see a tired stranger looking back at you, Dr. Costanzo can help reverse those signs of aging through a facelift procedure.
What Is a Facelift?
A facelift, medically known as a rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic procedure that is used to improve visible signs of aging in men and women, leaving them with a rejuvenated facial appearance. A facelift will address some of these main issues that patients face:
- Wrinkles and fine lines about the face and neck
- Sagging, due to loss of elasticity in the skin
During the facelift procedure, Dr. Costanzo will minimize the incision that is designed to be hidden in the hair and natural creases around the ear. This incision allows Dr. Costanzo to remove excess facial skin from his patient’s lower face and neck. This is what gives Thousand Oaks residents a tighter and smoother facial appearance.
Often, Dr. Costanzo finds that his patients are worried they will end up looking wind-blown. But don’t worry! With his years of experience and artful eye, Dr. Costanzo will be able to give you the natural and rejuvenated look you’ve been dreaming of.
How Long Will My Facelift Results Last?
Typically, facelift results should last many years if you take care of your skin. But, how long your facelift results will last mainly depends on the age at which you first have your facelift and your lifestyle choices. Some factors that will determine the longevity of your facelift are:
- Genetics – Your genetic makeup plays a big role in determining how long your facelift results will last. If you’re a man or woman whose parents aged well, there’s a very good chance that your facelift will last longer than most.
- Weight Fluctuations – If you’re a Thousand Oaks resident who struggles with weight fluctuations, you likely experience that same weight change in your face. If weight fluctuations, is something you deal with regularly, your facelift results could be affected and may not last as long.
- Smoking – Costanzo strongly recommends his patients be non-smokers before having a facelift. Smoking is not only bad for your overall health; it can greatly decrease the longevity of the results of your facelift. This is because smoking causes your skin to become less elastic, which makes the aging process speed up.
- Sun Exposure – Everyone in Thousand Oaks loves being in the sun! But too much sun exposure can wreak havoc on our skin if we’re not careful. Be sure to wear sunscreen daily in order to help the results from your facelift last longer.
Get Rid of Those Frustrating Signs of Aging
If you’re ready to have the refreshed, youthful face you deserve, call Dr. Costanzo today and schedule your initial consultation. During your visit with him, you will be able to explain your desired outcome of your facelift procedure.
Dr. Costanzo will answer any questions or concerns you have and will then develop a treatment plan based on your unique needs. Call his office today at (805) 373-9919.