When you think of a facelift, most people probably assume that only folks who have started to notice facial wrinkles are interested in the procedure. But that is not always the case when it comes to a facelift. Thousand Oaks patients who have developed a loose neck or jowls are great candidates for a facelift. This typically happens in the 4th decade and more commonly in your 50’s and 60’s. It all depends on the individual patient, their genetics, their time spent outdoors, and their own personal preference. Over the last 30-plus years, Dr. Costanzo has discussed the option of plastic surgery openly, transparently, and honestly with every patient. If he believes that a patient isn’t a good candidate for surgery, if the operation won’t help their appearance, or if they’re not healthy enough, Dr. Costanzo will let the patient know immediately.
Dr. Costanzo has performed over 10,000 plastic surgeries with a 100% safety record and zero malpractice judgments. So if you’ve started to notice any signs of aging on your face, whether it’s wrinkles, sagging or loose areas of the neck, make sure you call us at (805) 373-9919. Make sure you also take a look at Dr. Costanzo’s work for yourself by checking our gallery of Before-and-After facelift pictures.
Considerations for a Facelift
Thousand Oaks men and women of all ages want to look their best. Whether it’s eliminating their facial wrinkles or lifting their sagging skin, we get calls from potential patients in their 40’s and 50’s all the time. While most people assume you have to be “older” to get a facelift, it is actually better to address the problems at a younger age when they have begun to appear.
- Sun exposure – For young people that spend a lot of time outside for their job, like lifeguards, ski or golf instructors, and others, the sun can prematurely age their skin. In these situations, Dr. Costanzo consults with the Thousand Oaks patient, performs an examination, and then will make a recommendation.
- Genetics – For some young people, their genetics may cause the skin on their cheeks to begin to sag or their eyelids to start drooping much earlier than normal. This can sometimes give the appearance of “sad” eyes that can deflate a young person’s sense of confidence and self-esteem. In cases like this, Dr. Costanzo may recommend eyelid surgery along with a facelift.
Thousand Oaks patients that don’t suffer from these issues may still be great candidates for a facelift. If the procedure will benefit the patient and enhance their appearance safely, the Dr. Costanzo will often recommend it.
Alternatives to a Facelift
Thousand Oaks patients that are young are at a huge advantage. There is a large variety of non-surgical, non-invasive procedures that deliver fabulous results.
- Injectable fillers – With dermal fillers, you can get stunning, natural-looking results in just a few minutes. The procedure is virtually painless, and the results are long-lasting.
- Botox – Another popular option among all ages of patients in Thousand Oaks is Botox. This injectable prevents the muscles under the skin from contracting and forming wrinkles. When done every few months Botox can keep wrinkles to a minimum.
- Chemical peels – Chemical peels are another terrific option that can smooth out wrinkles, scars, and erase sun spots. The procedure does have some minimal recovery time.
- Skin Care – By enrolling in Dr. Costanzo’s skin care clinic a program of skin maintenance can be developed to keep your skin healthy and young looking.
If you’re unhappy with the wrinkles on your face or if your skin has started to sag, make sure you call Dr. Costanzo today at (805) 373-9919. We would love to talk with you about any questions you might have or schedule a preliminary consultation at our Thousand Oaks office.