Every year, plastic surgeon Dr. Costanzo, fields hundreds of questions from Thousand Oaks patients regarding the recovery process from plastic surgery. At Christopher Costanzo, MD, we completely understand. After all, before you decide to go under the knife, you’ll want to know what to expect in the days and weeks following your plastic surgery procedure.
When you meet with Dr. Costanzo in his Thousand Oaks office for your initial consultation, he will spend ample time fully examining your area or areas of concern, offering recommendations for your procedure, explaining your procedure, and thoroughly answering any questions you have. But to learn a little more about what you can generally expect from your recovery after plastic surgery, we’re providing you with a plastic surgeon guide for the recovery process.
What to Remember About the Recovery Process
It’s important that men and women in Thousand Oaks remember that no two people are the same; therefore, no two surgeries are the same, and no two recoveries are the same. Keeping that in mind, our plastic surgeon ensures his patients are aware of the following before making a decision to move forward with a particular procedure:
- Your recovery process will not be set in stone. Dr. Costanzo cannot provide you with an exact timeline of how quickly you will recover. It’s important to remember that your recovery period will be based on your overall health, body type, genetic makeup, and what type of surgery you had performed. When you meet with Dr. Costanzo, he will give you a more specific idea of what you can expect during your recovery.
- It is important to follow the aftercare instructions of our plastic surgeon carefully. If your line of work requires you to be physically active in strenuous activity while on the job, it is imperative that you take more time off to ensure you recover safely and avoid any potential complications from doing too much physical activity too quickly.
- Our plastic surgeon reminds each patient that bruising and swelling generally lasts about two weeks. But each person heals differently. Those who bruise and swell a great deal should be prepared to see these signs for a bit longer than those who see very little bruising and swelling.
Ways You Can Ensure a Quick and Safe Recovery
After you meet with our plastic surgeon, you will be instructed on ways you can help your recovery process go more smoothly, and possibly even a bit quicker:
- Follow Dr. Costanzo’s post-op instructions carefully
- Keep your incision sites clean and protected
- Wear your compression garments as directed by Dr. Costanzo
- Take your pain medication on a schedule
- Drink plenty of water
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Do not smoke or use other tobacco products
- Take supplements designed specifically for healing during the post operative recovery period.
Call Dr. Costanzo in Thousand Oaks Today to Learn More About the Plastic Surgery Procedure You’ve Been Considering
Dr. Costanzo has more than 33 years of experience providing the men and women of Thousand Oaks with amazing results through plastic surgery. If you’re considering plastic surgery to attain the body you’ve been dreaming of, call Christopher Costanzo, MD FACS today at (805) 373-9919 to schedule your initial consultation with plastic surgeon, Dr. Costanzo.
Get started by checking out our procedure gallery to see real results from our patients!