Breast revision can correct a wide range of issues and is a fantastic procedure for women who have lopsided breasts from uneven breasts, chest, or rib development or who need revision to a breast augmentation procedure. From congenital causes of uneven breasts like scoliosis and sunken chest to ruptured implants or changing the type of implant you have, Dr. Costanzo specializes in every one of these while giving each one of his patients the attentive, customized, and world-class patient care he’s known for.
Dr. Costanzo has performed several thousand surgeries and over the last 30-plus years, he has maintained his perfect, 100% safety record. As a Mayo Clinic trained surgeon, Dr. Costanzo is one of the top plastic surgeons in the world and has built his entire practice on being honest and creating a pressure-free environment for his patients.
If you’re ready to get the amazing, symmetrical and beautiful breasts you’ve always wanted with a breast revision, Thousand Oaks women can call Dr. Costanzo today at (805) 373-9919. We would love to answer any questions you might have or talk with you about your concerns.
The first step after you call is for us to set up a convenient time for you to come into our offices and talk with Dr. Costanzo. During this preliminary meeting, Dr. Costanzo will ask about your concerns and will perform an examination which will give him an understanding of what your goals are for your breasts. Give us a call today and we can walk you through the entire process. In the meantime, please explore our gallery of breast revision results.
What is a Breast Revision?
Thousand Oaks women often ask us about what exactly a breast revision is and what it can correct. Breast revision surgery is not a specific procedure, but rather a whole host of procedures that can be used to correct breast asymmetry (lopsidedness). Most commonly performed for problems related to a previous breast augmentation.
Breast Revision for Congenital Causes
There are genetic and developmental issues for which breast revision is a terrific solution, including:
- Uneven breast development
- Uneven rib development
- Scoliosis can widen one side of the rib cage and create uneven breasts
- A pointed chest (Pectus Carinatum, also called Pigeon Chest)
- A sunken chest (Pectus Excavatum, also called Funnel Chest)
- Poland syndrome, which is the absence or underdevelopment of the chest muscles.
Breast Revision for Implants
There are also rare instances where women who have had breast augmentation need breast revision. Some reasons include:
- Capsular contracture – The body forms a protective “capsule” of scar tissue around a breast implant. If this capsule becomes stiff or too tight, it can shift the implants.
- Change of size and feel – Another common reason for breast revision is to change the size or type of an implant.
- Rippling – More common in saline implants, rippling can sometimes be seen around the edges of implants.
- Leaks – Leaks in saline implants are very obvious because the implant literally deflates. With silicone implants, an MRI or ultrasound may be needed to detect the leak.
- Implant too high or low – Implants can shift up or down and cause discomfort and an uneven appearance that can be corrected with breast revision.
Thousand Oaks women should contact our offices at (805) 373-9919 as soon as possible if you’re having any issues with your implant. We can set up an appointment for you to meet with Dr. Costanzo, so he can conduct an examination and develop a treatment plan that fits your unique needs.
How is Breast Revision Done?
Every breast revision is unique and over the last 30 years of practice as a plastic surgeon, Dr. Costanzo has helped thousands of women get outstanding results from their breast revision. Thousand Oaks patients often ask us how the procedure is done. Here’s how Dr. Costanzo handles the most common reasons for breast revision.
- Capsular Contracture – With capsular contracture, the implant is being squeezed by the surrounding scar tissue “pocket”. Dr. Costanzo will usually remove the old implant and then make space for a new implant.
- Changing size – For women who want to change the size of their implant, Dr. Costanzo discusses your goals for your breasts beforehand and creates a treatment plan that he uses to guide him during the procedure.
- Rippling – Undesirable rippling along the side of the breast from a saline implant can be corrected with breast revision. Thousand Oaks women can switch to a new silicone implant during their revision.
Breast Revision Recovery
After your breast revision, patients should expect to take some time off of work. Many patients can return to office work within seven to ten days. There will be some bruising, swelling, and pain for the first few days and Dr. Costanzo can prescribe pain medication. Some patients will need to wear a compression bra as well, and others will require drainage tubes to be kept in place for a few days to make sure that no fluid is allowed to build up.
One of the best ways to ensure you get outstanding results is to avoid any strenuous activity for two weeks after your procedure. Too much movement can damage your results.
If you’re suffering from uneven or lopsided breasts, call Dr. Costanzo at (805) 373-9919. Dr. Costanzo has worked with thousands of patients and has completely changed their lives thanks to his kind and sensitive care and his 30-plus years of plastic surgery experience. Give us a call today and we can walk you through the next steps of the process. We can’t wait to hear from you!